A campaign to collect natural Christmas trees is being carried out until January 14, promoted by the Lisbon City Council in partnership with Valorsul, A Piece of Lemon Cake and Pinheiro Bombeiro.
The collected natural Christmas trees will be transformed into compost in the new Valorsul Green Composting Station. The resulting compost will be used in the planting of the first Tiny Forest in Portugal, promoted by A Piece of Lemon Cake, which will start later this year in Lisbon.
The campaign runs between 9 am and 5 pm at Lisbon's Cleaning Stations in Boavista, Monsanto, Filipe de Mata, Vale do Forno and Infante D. Henrique. It is estimated that between 825 and 2200 natural pines will be delivered for composting.
How long and where can your natural Christmas tree be delivered?
The campaign runs from January 7 to 14, between 9 am and 5 pm, at the following Cleaning Stations in the City of Lisbon:
- Boavista: Rua Dom Luís I, 10 (Misericórdia);
- Monsanto: Estrada da Pimenteira, at the access to Casa dos Animais de Lisboa (Alcântara).
- Filipe de Mata: Rua Filipe da Mata, under the viaduct (Avenidas Novas).
- Vale do Forno: Estrada Militar, to Quinta do Olival (Lumiar).
- Infante D. Henrique: Avenida Infante D. Henrique, under the Santa Apolónia Viaduct (São Vicente).
Delivery can also be made at LX Factory, at the point of sale of the O Pinheiro Bombeiro initiative, on January 8th, 9th and 10th, from 9 am to 1 am and you can also request the collection of the tree at the Lisbon City Hall services.